Monday 9 April 2012

MESi Radio Launch Night

Normally I have a blog up every couple of days about a live act I've witnessed, but alas the last week has been so busy for me I've not managed to get along to any events. For those of you who don't know, on Sunday the 15th myself and Emily will be launching MESi Radio. A new station with a view on the world, we will be promoting up and coming artists from all around the world. Originally we were just going to be based in Scotland, but since we launched the website we have had acts from as far away as China getting in touch. I know China? It's insane right? 

The Launch is looking great, it was originally supposed to start at 9pm and have 3 or 4 acts however due to the massive amount of interest and the over excitement of the people booking the event it has now turned into an all day festival, a fitting start to MESi Radio and a tremendous send off to Amanda who leaves the Flask that day. There's some astounding acts booked for the night and it really is going to showcase some of the best of Scotlands musical talent.

Along with the acts playing, there will be some great acts coming along to do some interviews including the amazing Audiodriver.
On top of that we have personally invited Glasvegas to come along, and so fingers crossed that they accept the invite, they were kind enough to give us permission to use them as one of our featured artists on the site.

On the bill for the launch are The Standards who are an outstanding band and I can't wait to see them live, there is a previous blog on here reviewing their ep. A Band Called Cadence who are very good friends of mine, and can liven up any room, as many times as I see them live I never get tired of it. Johnny Graham, another great friend of mine, who I've basically had to force into this because he runs his own event on a Sunday night. Kenneth Bowman, a solo artist who I had along at Garfields on the first night and who's song writing ability is second to none. The Detours, do I even need to go into detail about The Detours? If I do, then I kindly direct you to my previous blog about them. Taylor Buntain, one of the most talented guitarists I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. Along with a whole other host of great performers. It's going to be one of those days that you'll regret it if you don't get along.


www.mesi-radio.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment