Sunday 1 April 2012

Tully Does It Best

In the small seaside town ardrossan lies a small but atmospheric Tapas bar. Every Saturday night Garfields brings together what I would describe as a Spanish atmosphere and some of Scotlands finest musicians for a night of good music and good laughs. I've been hosting Garfields for 4 weeks now and each week is getting busier and better.

This weeks featured Artist was a man who I've been aching to see live since I was introduced to his music by a friend of mine. So trying to get Tim along to perform was a no brainer.

After the usual hosting duties that I am somewhat obliged to do, I handed the coveted Garfields Stage over to Mr Tim Tully. I'll admit that I'm a bad person and missed his first song. I settled down however in time for his second piece of music and right through to the end of his set. When I first heard his guitaring start I saw that this man a talented guitarist, he commands such a delicate but loud sound from the 6 string, hollow item of wood and glory.

Its when his vocals begin that everything really begins to take shape. Tim's voice is just that damn good, I've been sitting for hours trying to figure out a way to describe it in words and this is what I've came up with. Tim has the voice of an angel who's just stumbled out of bed, it's the perfect blend of soulful and rawness that makes him such a talented performer. I was eagerly anticipating his song 'Baby Girl" and was not disappointed when he delivered. Here is a performer who loves the music and who clearly enjoys the buzz of performing to a live audience as he kept wanting to play more and more music and not surprisingly nobody objected. Throw together Dylan, Cash, The Script and Sheeran and you get Tully, an odd combination that shouldn't work but just does. Tim has a very bright and prosperous career ahead of him, and anyone who doesn't make the effort to see him live will regret it.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment