Saturday 31 March 2012

Confused by Confusion

As I sit here, in the process of launching a new radio station with Emily I'm looking through all the talented musicians throughout Scotland and thinking how lucky we are to be able to be involved.

One band stick out like a sore thumb for me and its not because they're untalented, far from it. Infact it's because they are so talented yet they don't gig as much as they should.

Confusion are a band from Stevenson in North Ayrshire and are possibly one of the best sounding group of artists around. For the past 13 years they have developed a sound that incorporates what I can only describe as Blue Oyster Cult combined with Primal Scream. For me they define the "rock'n'roll" genre with there mix of talent and enthusiasm that can be heard on every track. I'm currently sitting writing this on my phone, but confusion got me so excited and annoyed that I couldn't stop myself logging in and start typing away.

I've never witnessed confusion live, which is a shame cause I've heard nothing but good things about them. They played the illistrious King Tuts this month and its one of those gigs I missed that I'll forever kick myself for.

Its not often I'll highly rate a local act without seeing them live, and that's what confuses me here. Confusion need to get out and showcase their talent more, here is a group of musicians who could completely own a music scene and pack venues every night of the week. Hopefully at some point in the near future I'll see them live and when that happens I'm sure that I'll have a hell of a lot to write about them.

One thing is for sure however, they will 100% be getting airtime on MESi radio. Infact they're already on our website.

www.mesi-radio.co.uk



Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment