Wednesday 16 May 2012

So Nothing Happens in Ayrshire?

I used to be a firm believer that the "Ayrshire Scene" was dwindling. I used to sit and say to everyone, that there was nowhere to gig and no way to gain new fans of my music. I suppose in a way, I was right.....THEN. Now however I keep seeing statuses or hear people talking and the same thing comes up "There's nowhere to gig in Ayrshire so we need to go to Glasgow" now that is the biggest load of shite I've heard in a long while, and believe me I've been subjected to Shintys Sabotage every Tuesday night on MESi Radio.

I could name you a massive list of venues in Ayrshire where you can find live music. There is not one night of the week in Ayrshire where there isn't a live performance somewhere. I'm not going to start listing venues because frankly I would be here for God knows how long. Infact, screw it I'm listing some:

Su Casa, Ayr
The Burns, Irvine
McCabes, Largs
Bakers, Kilmarnock
Dirty Martinis, Kilmarnock
The Courtyard, Ayr
The Firehouse, Ayr
Girvans, Troon

and so many more, that I won't bore you to death.

The thing is, the people that say there's no scene or no venues, simply just don't get up off their arse and look for them. Ayrshire Music isn't hidden, it's not an underground industry where only the elite know about it. Ayrshire Music is there for everyone to hear, to enjoy and even to criticise. So I say this with sincerity and I give you my word, the next person who says they don't know any venues to play at in Ayrshire is going to get my fist swiftly across their left cheek.

And for those who say there's no real talent in Ayrshire, take those ears along to MESi Radio www.mesi-radio.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment