Thursday 24 May 2012

Sun on the brain



The sun never gets tired of rising but sometimes a person gets tired of being under the sun.
(Simone Schwarz-Bart (b. 1938

I don't know much about the human brain, but I do know that when the sun comes out everybody changes, it's like they get injected with life.

I'm sitting here while Emily's getting ready so we can go down to a beach party. The suns out, apparently the BBQ's going to be out along with guitars and beer. Guitars and Beer? Now you see why I'm going don't you?

Ever since I was a wee lad, roaming about the fields and trees during the summer months, I've never been that interested in the sun. Not because I'm a miserable guy, or because I'm not one for getting my top off. I just always thought that there was such a thing as too much heat. I've worked in kitchens most of my life, and so the last I wanted to do was leave a sweltering hot kitchen and go out into the sun to be cooked alive.

I must be one of the only people in the world who couldn't care less about the weather, yeah it's good to get some colour in about you and yes it's good to get out in the fresh air. I love fresh air, I love walking and I love being out. What I don't get though, is the sudden change that everyone goes through.

I can clearly see the weather from my window, so why do I need constant updates via Facebook?
I'm not stupid, I'm not going to doubt my own eyes and then need clarification on facebook. We get it, it's hot outside.

I'm going to go down to the beach today, with my beautiful other half and enjoy the day, I'm not going to enjoy the sun, I'm going to enjoy the music, enjoy the laughter and just have a good time. I don't need it to overwhelmingly sunny to do that.

Maybe I am a grumpy bastard, but that doesn't bother me. I'm sure someone will announce on facebook that.

Give it a couple of years and the weathermen on TV will be out of jobs, and all you'll get at the end of the news is a facebook feed with people telling you what the weather's like.

Does my nut in.

Anyway, better go check facebook to see if it's still sunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment